The PCH Prox Box (type CHB 1144) is a 2-channel proximity driver solution that can be selected as part of the PCH Link Concept solution.
Two individual proximity drivers offer fully redundant measurements for thrust bearings, X/Y readings or trigger/rotational speeds in one, compact cabinet.
- Frequency range: 0-5 kHz
- Drivers: 2 independent proximity drivers
- Outputs: negative and positive AC/BIAS outputs, buffered outputs
- Operating temperatures: -20 °C to +60 °C
- Communication: R2C DIN rail bus
The PCH Prox Box is an optional module in the PCH Link Concept
series. It offers fully redundant measurements for thrust bearings, X/Y readings or trigger/rotational speeds in one, compact cabinet.
The CHB 1144 can be powered by +24V DC when mounted on the DIN rail bus connector together with a PCH 1420 Vibration Monitor. Up to three CHB 1144 Prox Boxes can be mounted on the same DIN rail bus.
Two individual proximity probe drivers are installed in the same DIN rail housing. They each have their own -24V power supply and can be powered by a common positive 24V power supply or by the DIN rail bus via the PCH 1420 vibration monitor.
Two individual proximity probes can be installed in the same housing. When ordering your PCH Prox Box, please specify the type(s) of proximity probe(s) you wish to use.
Currently, the following probes are supported as standard:
- DP1009 FFv (by CTC) with a 5 mm tip and 5 m cable
- DP1009 FFv (by CTC) with a 5 mm tip and 7 m cable
- DP1001 (by CTC) with an 8 mm tip and 5 m cable
- DP1001 (by CTC) with an 8 mm tip and 9 m cable
- DP1007 (by CTC) with an 11 mm tip and 5 m cable
- DP1007 (by CTC) with an 11 mm tip and 9 m cable
More probes can be supported upon request. Individual sensitivity should be validated prior to installation.
As a standard, the PCH Prox Box offers the following calibrations.
- Test target metal: 42CrMo4 (DIN 1.7225)
- Thickness, test target: >5 mm
- Operating distance: -10 V, approx. 1.4 mm
- Temperature: 22 °C (±2 % °C)
- Humidity: 45 % RH (±5 % RH)
- Certificate: Each driver/channel comes with an individual calibration certificate
Other calibrations can be offered against sample materials. In addition, probes can be validated if delivered by PCH Engineering A/S.
The proximity driver is prepared for DIN rail installation with an IP20 DIN rail enclosure with screw terminals.
Each channel is monitored for Out of Range/Sensor Error. LED lights on the front panel indicate the status of each channel as green, yellow or red accordingly.